Monday, April 22, 2013

Chocolate chip cookie dough balls raw and vegan


cookie dough plate

Do you love baking chocolate chip cookies and eat the cookie dough? Or eat all the cookie dough out of you Ben&Jerry cup?

For the people how know me personally, they know I am a sweet tooth. I like desserts, chocolate, candy you name it. But the down side of it is that you will gain extra pounds. (If you want another healthy dessert check the chia seeds coco choco almond pudding.)
I've tried to eat less sugars, but I simply can't resist sweet food. Few years ago I bought a cup of Ben&Jerry's cookie dough and I loved it right away. I always scoop out the cookie dough, because that was my favorite.
And 2 years ago I went for an holiday to the States and went to the Walmart in Richmond, West Virginia and found the cookie dough. You have to put the cookie dough in the oven, but I just choose to eat it raw and you guess it already, it made me fat.
About a month ago I found on instagram a recipe for cookie dough from a girl that only cooked vegan en gluten free. And she explained that this cookie dough balls come without any health risks. So no guilt for this cookie dough!

What do you need to make the delicious raw vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls?

For  10 - 15 cookie dough balls
Ingredients cookie dough balls
Ingredients:
  •  3/4 cup (130 grams) dates (remove pit or use medjoui dates)
  • 1 cup (140 grams) cashew nuts
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
  • a pinch of salt (raw)
  • 1/4 cup (44 grams) vegan chocolate chips or chopped vegan chocolate
  • Food processor

How to make the raw vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls?

Directions:
  1. If the dates are to hard, soak it in water for 10 minutes.
  2. Put the cashews and the salt in the food processor and chop it till it becomes a  soft flour.Flour cookie dough
  3. Add the dates and vanilla essence in to the cashew flour and blend it. It will become a hard texture, that you can easily scoop out of the food processor.Cookie dough date
  4. Place the dough in a bowl or on a plate and add the chocolate chips/chopped chocolate. Stir the chocolate in the cookie dough.Cookie dough chocolate chip
  5. Scoop about 1/2 table spoon of cookie dough in to your damp hands and roll a small ball. Use all the cookie dough for the balls.cookie dough balls
  6. And then you got your 10 - 15 raw vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls, that is ready to be served.
You can store them in the freezer for a firmer consistency. Or store them in the fridge when you got left overs. But I doubt that because this raw vegan chocolate chip cookie dough balls are amazing!
cookie dough plate

No comments:

Post a Comment